Quality Assurance Program was first introduced in 1996. The objective of quality assurance is to demonstrate a confidence in achieving a grade of excellence on a consistent basis for both our wild and farmed seafood products.
The basic features of the Quality Assurance Program are:
- Expanded inspection effort
- Delivered regionally
- Focus on raw material but covers inspections on vessels through to retail outlets
- Quantify quality by applying industry accepted grade standards
- Complement role of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Promote quality consciousness throughout all sectors of the industry through training, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Provide funding to develop systems that serve to maintain top quality
- Enhance the value of the fishery resource to both harvesters and processors
- Promote Newfoundland and Labrador as leading producer of premium quality seafood products in the international marketplace
Licensing and Quality Assurance
Tel: (709) 729-3736