The Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture is governed by the Aquaculture Act and associated Aquaculture Regulations. All persons or companies in possession of an aquaculture license issued by the Department must abide by the regulations stated under the Aquaculture Act.
New applicants must:
- Demonstrate expertise and or training in required technical and managerial functions.
- Obtain two sets of 1:50,000 "National Topographical" maps indicating site location and layout.
- Identify the species and strain, and the type of operation.
- Submit an acceptable Business Plan (for commercial licenses).
- Submit specific site information.
- Disclose environmental concerns and/or conflicts.
- Submit Crown lands application for land leasing.
- Submit a Production and Harvesting Plan for the next 5 years.
- Assess the site for water quality.
Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture Online Services
Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture Online Services system offers
online access for Aquaculture Site licences.
For more information on fees or to request an application, please contact the Development Officer.